Thursday, April 26, 2007

Is this what it all comes down to?

I know I know - my so called "comeback" kinda sucked. sorry. but exams hit, and then papers, and then summer planning...yeah yeah. But on Friday, I wrote my last law school exam. EVER. EVER!!!! No more studying til 3 am and waking up to write 9 am 3 hour long 100% finals. As they said about genocide: NEVER AGAIN.

So why am I up, you're asking yourself? Well, I still have one more paper to write. So I'm not officially done until Friday. And though this paper is interesting, it sucks that I have to write it. But as I'm working on this, I'm realizing that academia really is just intellectual masturbation. I'm writing this paper on decriminalizing sadomasochism (bet you didn't know you were breaking the law when your lover ties you up to those bed posts eh? apparently, as individuals, we are not allowed to consent to harm - so when you say "Oh spank me Harry!" the fact that you are asking is irrelevant. Harry's still criminally liable. sucks to be Harry) When I met with my prof (who i'm kinda scared of), she suggested that I examine why we should decriminalize S+M and NOT other criminalized sexual acts such as pedophelia, incest, or bestiality. So I set out to do just that. and then, just now, i wrote: "Bestiality should be criminalized because animals cannot consent to sexual activity and as a result are sexually assaulted." really. is this what 3 years of law school amounts to? arguing against letting people sodomize that poor goat? please tell me that it does not comes to this. oh but it has. i'm so leaving the sentence in.

Feeling: so close yet oh so far
Listening to: Paul Simon - Diamonds on the Souls of Her Shoes AND Feist - My Moon My Man

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home