Saturday, July 30, 2005

post-teenage angst

For some naive reason, I always thought that all those silly things like crushes and being afraid to tell someone how you feel ended with being a teenager. I was so wrong. It gets harder... I find myself getting more guarded, more scared, more cautious. What is it about us that makes it so hard to be vulnerable to others? What gives us that fear? Rejection, of course, royally sucks. But why this fear of rejection? rationally, we tell ourselves: i would never want to be with someone who doesn't want to be with me. I don't think my heart necessarily agrees yet. and so I sit here, thinking...waiting...debating...should i tell you? you have unknowingly broken through the barriers...and now, will you take care?

Feeling: dramatic
listening to: Serena Ryder - Hiding Place

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home